Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Owl Lovey

Most of us had a "blankie" when we were kids. Some of us were like Linus and simply could not go anywhere without it, whether it was clean dirty or even down right disgusting. Our moms would have to sneak into our rooms at night just to get them long enough to wash them and then ever so carefully replace them before we awoke the next morning, ready for another adventure that had to include our favorite blanket. I see I am getting a bit nostalgic here...

I was asked to make a little "lovey" blanket that had something to do with owls. I didn't want it to be too big or too small so I borrowed from a couple patterns and reworked them a little to fit my needs. Here is the finished product:



The blanket part is a star blanket pattern by Celeste Young and can be found here on Ravelry. I followed the pattern out until I thought it was the perfect size for a lovey. The owl head is from Repeat Crafter Me and can be found here. I did my own pattern for the eyes and stitched on the nose a different way, but am very happy with the results. 

Like this item? Check out the patterns and make one for someone special. Not a crocheter? You can order one through my Etsy shop here


No comments:

Post a Comment