Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Baby Girl's 1st Birthday!

This Friday is my daughter's 1st birthday! I am in awe at how fast the past year has gone. To help celebrate this milestone occasion, I made her a birthday outfit! I crocheted a tiara for her, did a "1" applique shirt, and made a tulle tutu for her. Check it out!

For the shirt I used some heat bond and ironed the number one onto it and then did a blanket stitch around the number to add some color. Pretty simple, but I think it looks so cute! The tutu was SUPER easy. I used some wide elastic and took some tulle strips and just knotted them onto the elastic in a pattern. The tiara is my favorite. I used a pattern from Oodles 4 Noodles. It was really easy to follow. I wanted my daughter's birthday to be special, and while she won't remember it, we can always show her pictures of what a pretty little princess she was!

I have also been busy working on some more Halloween hats. I got a vampire and a candy corn hat finished recently. Here they are!


The vampire was a bit of a challenge for me as I could not find a pattern I liked. So I just kinda made one up as I went along :) I think it is appropriate for small children since it is not too scary looking and doesn't have any "blood" on it. All of my Halloween hats are in my Etsy shop and just waiting for you to order one! Happy crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment